Design / Build is a method of project delivery in which the owner or General Contractor
executes a single contract with one entity (design builder) to provide both the electrical design
and construction services.
Our project managers, electrical engineers and estimators custom design electrical systems
(for installation only by us) for industrial, commercial or institutional projects. In this way we
ensure that every electrical system we design and install offers the best value to our customers.
Professional Service You Can Count On
The Design / Build Approach
- Single Source Responsibility — The Design/Build approach results in a single point of
responsibility, maximum control by the Owner / GC and immediate responsiveness by the
contractor. "Finger pointing" is eliminated because Three Phase Electric is solely responsible
for all aspects of the electrical system.
- Time — The total project duration is significantly reduced, giving the owner use of the facility
sooner. While design is being developed, purchasing, scheduling, and actual installation can
begin. This short-cuts the lengthy design and bid period.
- Value Engineering — The electrical contractor is often in the best position to advise the
most cost effective design or product specification. This may be based on knowledge of
constructability issues, the newest methods that have been successfully employed, or
knowledge of specific trends with material manufacturers.
- Early Knowledge of Firm Price — The Owner benefits from knowing budget pricing as the
design development is occurring. Then, as the design criterion solidifies, Three Phase
Electric can provide a firm price. Several contracting methods are available that create a
partnership, between the Owner and Three Phase Electric, committed to keeping the project
under the established budget.
- Reduced Administrative Burden — The Owner is not required to invest resources
preparing RFPs, conducting extensive evaluations, or coordinating and arbitrating between
separate design and construction contracts.
The Design / Build Benefits